Got Mold? SERVPRO Has Your Answer, Not Clorox
Bleach can actually feed the very persistent mold that is creeping through your house. When it comes to getting rid of this fungus, we are generally accustomed to reaching for the quickest solution: bleach. In an effort to keep our homes nice and clean, we fail to realize we are actually making the problem worse.
Dehumidification is another element to mold removal that individuals may not realize is extremely important. Removing the relative humidity, which causes the mold to grow, halts any further growth.
Mold removal is a lengthy process. You need to identify, any and all, areas of your home or business infected by mold. These areas are usually exposed to high levels of humidity, or wetness, like bathrooms and unfinished basements.
Cleanup may require building materials to be removed, replaced or a combination of both. It is also likely that portions of the property’s walls will need to be opened and cleaned up to really tackle growth that commonly happens within walls, as well.
Plan on tackling the mold yourself? Beware of the dangers that increase during the cleanup process because of the exposure to black mold. Mold exposure feels like a massive hangover and a headache you may never forget.
Don’t be fooled, this type of remediation is best left to the professionals. We run air filtration systems, follow our training, abide by safety procedures and wear goggles, masks and other protective clothing.
With our customer’s best interest in mind, we recommend hiring professionals, like us at SERVPRO of Wyomissing, to do the job! We have the training, experience and expertise working with mold removal. We can be reached 24/7, 365 days a year at 610-208-0300.