Is Your Home Ready for Winter?
SERVPRO of Wyomissing recently covered how to get your roof ready for the winter, but is the rest of your home ready for the wintery mix that’s bound for our area?
It’s important to know that the biggest issue our community faces every winter is frozen pipes, so just follow these steps to do your best to avoid this fate and all of the issues that come with it!
When temperatures drop be sure to:
- Turn faucets on to a drip
- Leave cabinet doors open
- Disconnect any outside hoses
- Try to warm up cooler areas of your house
- Maintain a house temperature of 65 degrees or higher
- Call a plumber immediately if your pipes freeze
If you have any questions about how to winterize your home, want recommendations for a local plumber or need someone to handle a pipe burst disaster “Like it never even happened,” then call SERVPRO of Wyomissing at (610) 208-0300. We’ll be available 24/7 this winter!