Emergency Fire Damage Tips
Here are some IMPORTANT dos and don’ts of dealing with fire damage that will keep you safe, and make SERVPRO’s job easier to make your property “Like it never even happened.”
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage. We know it may be tempting to take care of your possessions, your home, your business, whatever it may be, but SERVPRO will respond quickly and efficiently so you don’t need to expose yourself to any unsafe conditions or accidents.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.
If you have any questions or an urge to clean, repair or remove something yourself please call SERVPRO of Wyomissing first at (610)208-0300.