How To Stay Safe After A Flood
The Wyomissing area is no stranger to floods, whether it’s from a thunderstorm in the summer or wacky weather in the winter that quickly turns frozen snow into a melted mess.
Here are some things to consider when your home is flooded:
Electrical Wires and Gas Lines
Is there any chance the flood reached outlets, electrical wires or gas lines? If so, contact a professional as soon as possible. This is not only dangerous, but will cost more money in the future if left alone.
If you let fresh water sit long enough from a flood damage it can breed bacteria and eventually become grey or black water that is damaging and requires special precautions. Dealing with fresh water damage as soon as possible is imperative.
If the water doesn't destroy your home and belongings, then the mold can. Did you know it only takes 24 hours for mold to appear? Beyond just flooding, mold is one of the most common problems SERVPRO of Wyomissing faces. This is why it’s smart to anticipate the need for mold remediation. If you wait too long, the mold will multiply rapidly and become more and more stubborn. If it turns to black mold, then toxicity in the air may cause effects to your property and your health.
One of the most devastating things about water damage is how it can steal away prized possessions. Photos, family heirlooms and important documents can get wrecked within a day. You’ll have even bigger problems if the water penetrates your furniture, electronics and appliances. If the water damage is handled immediately, then you may be able to save these items. If you wait then you are not only losing valued items, you are also losing thousands of dollars in damages, replacements, and repairs.
If you need help remediating flood damage after a storm, then call your local SERVPRO at (610)208-0300!